A 500 Internal Server Error is typically seen when Bookshelf for Mac or PC cannot update your license file. Following the steps below should resolve this error:
Step 1 - Sign out of and quit Bookshelf
- Click on Account > My Account and copy the email address you use for Bookshelf.
- Log out of Bookshelf by clicking on Account Menu and choosing Sign Out.
- Confirmed that you want to sign out of Bookshelf.
- Quit Bookshelf.
Step 2 - Change your password
- Navigate here
- Use the email address you copied from step 1.
- You will receive an email with a link to update your password.
- Please follow our Password Policy to update.
Step 3 - Sign back into Bookshelf
- Open Bookshelf
- Sign in with your email address from Step 1 and the updated password from Step 2.
If the steps above do not resolve your issue, please contact Vitalsource Support.