How to define words in Bookshelf for Mac
If you'd like to look up a word in Bookshelf on a Mac, please do the following:
If you have a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro with a multitouch trackpad:
- Go to System Preferences > Trackpad > Point and Click
- Make sure the checkbox for "Look up: Tap with three fingers" is checked. Close out of System Preferences.
- Launch the bookshelf application and open your book
- Hover over the word you'd like defined and tap on the trackpad with 3 fingers. Your word will be then be selected with a yellow box and the definition will pop up in a new window
If you multitouch trackpad or Magic TrackPad:
- With your mouse cursor, hover the word you'd like defined.
- Press the Command key, Control key, and the d key. Your word will be then be selected with a yellow box and the definition will pop up in a new window